Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Oh No

My camera is sick. Last night I tried to upload some photos I took this weekend at the beach and well it didn't go very well. I looked at them on my camera before uploading like usual, plugged it in and the rest is just a mystery to me. Some uploaded (but not well, kind of overlapping and color blocks) while others are just corrupted and no image is there...gone forever. I freaked out last night and wanted to call my dad but realized it was 3am his time so I should probably go to bed and call in the morning my time.

I told him what happened, went to the local camera store, was on the phone with Nikon at least six times today trying to figure out what is wrong, what to do and how much its going to cost me. I finally decided to send it back to Nikon in hopes that they can fix what ever is going on with my camera. I hear fixing it can cost $200 and up (I hope not much more than that). I have no idea how long this is going to take and if they can actually fix it so we'll just have to wait and see. However, I have an event at the end of October that I'm supposed to be photographing...ya a little hard to do with out a camera, but thanks to an awesome friend I can borrow his if needed.

If my camera can't be fixed I have no idea what I will do. Can't afford a new one thats for sure, and Italy is coming up...can't go to Italy with out a camera. But we'll see what Nikon says once they look at it. It should arrive there on Monday. I packaged it up (double boxed and wrapped in bubble wrap), insured for $1,000.00 and sent it off tonight. I feel kind of weird not having my camera. Its pretty much been by my side since I got it two and a half years ago. I don't like this. Was almost of the verge of tears all day over this.

Check out the examples from the last upload:
Nice little over lap there...
and we can't forget that great huge color block
Not that these are the best pictures ever but, it this was to happen after say the event I supposed to be doing, I would be screwed. I could see them perfectly fine one my camera before I uploaded and then everything went wrong.

A sad sad day.

No comments: