Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Healing


(Again playing some catch up for everyone in this post)

"Praise the Lord, O my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name. Praise the Lord, O my soul; and forget not all his benefits-who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases," (Psalm 103 1-3 NIV)

On my 19th birthday I was diagnosed with Cervical Dysplasia (HPV). There are several stages to this and is known as a precancerous condition. Since then I have had to go ever three to six months for tests and biopsies to check for cancerous cells. 90% of the time they would come back positive as to having the cancerous cells. I have been told since the age of 19 that future with children looked risky and some even said impossible. For me, that was fine. I was/am open 100% for adoption, but being that young you really don't want to hear those words. How do you explain to whom ever you date (if you think it might get serious enough) that Oh by the way I may not be able to have kids and I might develop cervical cancer...easily, you say it just like that. Well at least I did. You get nervous of ever having to have that conversation. You think who the heck is ever going to want to date me and once they hear that will they actually stick around??

On July 17 after an ER visit, more doctor visits and a bunch of not so much fun tests I got some amazing news...No more cancerous cells...No more of the HPV!! Completely in the clear. No signs of not being able to have children. I had to have the doctor repeat it about three times, I was shaking. Healing has taken place, amazingly and only one to thank for that...God. Seriously amazing. I won't have to have that conversation, ahhhh what a weight lifted from my shoulders. I might actually go out on a date, who would of thought

Below are some e-mails I sent out as prayer requests about all of this back in June and July of this year. They go in order of oldest to newest...

June 26, 2007:

Hello,

Just wanted to fill you in and ask for prayer over the next week. Saturday I was in an extreme amount of pain in my pelvic area. It hurt to sit, stand or lie down, however I put it off for a day and just popped a ton of Advil. It didn't get much better come Sunday so I called my doctor and she suggested I got to the hospital with my medical history. I went had a few exams, blood work, ultrasound, etc and they said there was some loose fluid near my right ovary in the ultrasound and it concluded that I had a functional cyst on my right ovary that burst and that was the source of all the pain. I need to follow up with my regular doctor near the end of this week for another exam and see what she has to say also. A functional cyst from my understanding doesn't seem to be extremely serious (doesn't lead to ovarian cancer), but never the less its a bit scary to deal with. I have an appointment Thursday morning with my regular doctor, and I'll let you know what happens then.

Thanks for praying. Jenny

June 28, 2007:
Hello I went to the doctors today, and no more answers for now. She had my results from the hospital faxed over and decided i needed more blood work (three tubes) and have to go back next week for another exam. Thanks for praying and I'll keep you posted. Jenny

July 5, 2007:
Hello,
So another follow up, I went back to the doctors today and had another exam and got the results of my blood work from last week. The blood work came back normal. As for the exam, she said that she thinks it will come back abnormal and may need to go see another doctor with in the next week, week and a half. She will have the results of this weeks exam hopefully by the middle of next week and we will go from there. No solid answers yet, but please keep praying. My doctor and I talked today and the worst case scenario is that my pre-existing condition has become worse over the past two years and possible surgery in a not so distant future. As for now, more doctor visits, exams and biopsy's. Thanks for all the prayers. ~Jenny

July 17, 2007:
Hello,
I just received a call from my doctors regarding my test results. For the past six or seven years I have been having some health problems (the detection of pre-cancerous cells). I have been told time and time again, that my chances of having children are very slight, and lately have been told that I might be having surgery in a not too distant future. Just wanted to say thank you all for your prayers during all this, and to let you know that my results came back completely negative on ALL my tests! There were NO signs of cancerous cells. I won't have having to go back for any biopsy's!! Thanks again! I'm shaking, I am so excited!!

~Jenny

Grace and Peace ~
Jenny

"For Nothing is impossible with God" (Luke 1:37 NIV)

1 comment:

nate said...

Praise God! This has been so cool to watch...