Friday, August 17, 2007

5 Amazing Years...


Happy Anniversary Sara and Jay!

Today has been five years that my awesome sister has married one of the best guys I have ever met in my life.

On August 17, 2002 I saw my sister walk down the aisle towards Jay to start what has become to me a great example of an awesome marriage. In every marriage there are ups and downs but with God truly being the center you see more of the good. They are truly an encouragement to me. I couldn't of asked for anyone better for my sister than Jay.

I will never forget the first time that Jay met my sister (for all of you who don't know, Jay and I were friends before he ever knew Sara). She was in a traveling drama ministry and they came to our Church for a performance. A little while later Jay asked how she was doing...he had only met her once and I'm pretty sure that is all he needed. I kept thinking, why does he care how Sara is doing and then it hit me!! She came back a few months later and we had some people over our apartment to hang out. He walked in and literally took her breath away...(so sweet).

They are the traveling couple for sure. A good chunk of their relationship was spent apart (especially hard when planning a wedding by the way). Jay was in Costa Rica, Egypt, California. Sara was in Romania for a bit. A year after they were married they moved to California, then two years later are in Maryland now they are living in England, oh where will these two end up next?? (hopefully closer to me?)

Two years ago today at 3:00 am I was woken up by a phone call. Before even answering it I knew I was going to become and Auntie!! Sure enough for their third wedding anniversary they were given the wonderful gift of becoming pregnant with Jed.

Here is to five amazing, adventurous years...can't wait to see whats to come! I love you and miss you tons. Thank you both for being so wonderful...

I heart you,
Jenny
(I stole that picture from you! haha)

1 comment:

Sara said...

WE HEART YOU TOO!!! Thank you Jen Jen for such a sweet and memorable anniversary gift!! We love it and Jay said "wow she remembers a lot : ) " Thanks for taking the time to remember us and to write such an encouraging and edifying blog. We love you!!!