Saturday, June 04, 2005

Update

I have no idea the last time I updated this or what I wrote, but I know its been a while.

I got my midterm in my cultural studies class back, and I got an 82 on it but he grades on a curve, so I really ended up with a 92! Not bad huh? Now if I could be getting these grades in my photo class. I'm just really hard on myself when it comes to that class. I don't want to fail, and so afraid of doing so that I put these pressure and unrealistic expectations on myself, knowing that I will never reach them. I have to keep reminding myself its a learning experience, this is school, I don't know everything, and I just need to keep going and not dwell on what I could of done but learn from what I have done. So easy to say, so hard to put into action. I am my hardest critic, never happy with what I do.

Of my three technical assignments I only had to re-shoot one part (there were three parts to it) of one of them! The others I got A's on, so that was good. One of them was testing camera shake, so we had to take pictures with different lenses and different shutter speeds and apertures...(Paul, you'll appreciate this), I shot with a 28mm f:2.8, 50mm f:1.8, and a 300mm f:2.8! That last lens is huge and weighs a ton. It cots a lot of money too...I rented it from school for the assignment, it costs about a $1000.00 more than one of my sessions of school, thank God I didn't drop it.

I went to LACMA last Friday for my cultural studies class, not a fan of L.A. I have to write a five page paper to compare two pieces of art, I'll work on that when I'm done with this. Last Sunday I spent the day in Santa Barbara shooting for an assignment. I could of done much better than I did, and I have a feeling that I will be re-shooting this one. I was again, putting so much pressure on myself that I wasn't happy with anything. But Daryl and I spent most of the day there and re-shot our head shot assignments, and went to a memorial for the soldiers that have died in Iraq. It was awesome. They had crosses in the sand for the soldiers and lit candles for them. I'll try to update the "MAY" photo album soon, just really busy with papers and shooting, I'm sorry. Then on Monday we went out again to take some more photos.

Wednesday night we had a guest speaker again, he was pretty good. I liked him better than the first lady that came and spoke to us. Now every other Wednesday night that I don't have those meetings I have NPPA (National Press Photographers association)meetings. Brooks has a chapter, and its really good to get involved with these, it will look good on my resume someday!!

Yesterday was the first day in a while that I actually didn't do much, it felt so nice to relax, but so hard to do so because it felt weird at the same time not having something to do. I went to the college group with Mandy then did laundry at her place.

Today Daryl and I started off in Santa Barbara trying to get some shots, but it was sooo overcast that we didn't get much done. I went and picked up my 50mm lens and a green mini ipod today! We weren't having much luck in Santa Barbara for shooting so we headed back to Ventura and finally the sun came out of a bit. Then we headed to L.A. to find a Buddhist Temple, because he wants to shoot at one for an assignment. We went to Little Tokyo, and Shabu Shabu...like Chinese Hot Pod!! Oh my it was soo good. Made me miss home (Becky, Amanda, Dianne, Heather). Finally found the temple, but it was closed.

And I'm home now, guess I should go and work on my paper. I'll try to be better at keeping this updated. So sorry

Biz~Congratulations on winning your soccer game! I'm so proud of you and happy for you. I love you and miss you sooooooo much!!

No comments: