Monday, June 13, 2005

2 Weeks Left

Only two weeks left of classes for this session and then its two weeks off. I have a ton of work due in the next 10 days. I have two papers, a final project and a final exam all due next Monday and Wednesday for my Cultural Studies class, and I have four photo assignments due this week for my Photo class, and some due next week too. I have a solid "A" in my Cultural Studies class and not so good of a grade for my Photo class, but I'm hoping that these next few assignments will bring it up a bit. I guess I've been struggling with keeping my own style and eye and also maintain and provide the "technical requirements" for this class.

I know my major is Visual Journalism, and well for the most part that means working at a newspaper, and I'm sure at some point I will do an internship for one, but just don't really feel called to work for one someday. I really want to do something with missions, or some kind of organization like that. So next year is when I really have to start looking at my internship options and what I want to do. I've kind of already started a list of places I would like to look into for an internship. So as I've been thinking about this and just kind of feeling a little torn and stressed about some things, Sara called me yesterday to tell me I had to read this article in Relevant Magazine (www.relevantmagazine.com), about a guy who is doing volunteer work on Mercy Ships (www.mercyships.org) in Liberia. I had subscribed to the magazine a while ago and hadn't received my first issue, but today it was here, and I read the article...it was awesome. Talk about encouragement and inspiration at a perfect time. The guy who wrote it is, Scott Harrison (www.onamercyship.com). If you get a chance to check it out, its such an awesome site, amazing photographs, and touching stories. I pray that someday I will have the opportunity to do something like he is doing. To go into these countries and help these people.

This weekend was stressful, not much sleep but really don't want to get into it, just going to let it be.

Well I have to make something to eat, get some more work for school done and do some reading.

No comments: