Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Studying

Sorry its been a while, I've been really busy with school.

On Friday Daryl, Tim, Adoni and I went to the Getty for our field trip...that place is amazing (I'll post some pictures eventually). Our assignment was to find a piece of art that we "participated" with and write a four page descriptive and interpretive essay. I picked Monet's Sunrise (Marine), not the easiest piece to find information on but I did it (thanks to Sue and Mandy for help and encouragement. Friday night Mandy and I had dinner with her mom and then went to the college group, which was awesome this week. We hung out with Ben for a little bit and watched Sweet Home Alabama, as I attempted my paper (didn't get very far).

Saturday I worked on my paper a little more (still didn't get very far), and tried to figure out what shutter speeds, ISO and aperture I needed to use for my next three assignments. Mandy and I went to the beach...I got a tan!!! I finally made it to the beach when it was actually day time. There were these guys kind of near us who were attempting to surf but didn't do very well, so they just decided to kick back on the beach and have a few...then attempted to walk in flippers and kept falling flat on their faces in the sand. It was pretty entertaining. Saturday night we just hung out and made dinner, it felt so good to cook a real meal again.

Sunday was church, which was really good, and then we went to Beyond Sunday, a concert that had Tree 63, Beside the tree and Tait. All of which were pretty good and we got some more sun. Finally Sunday night I got back to my paper. I was up til about 3:00 in the morning with Mandy trying to get it done, and well at that point nothing was working, so I went to bed and woke up at 7:30 to finish it. Have I mentioned how much I dislike papers? But its done, I turned it in last night.

Yesterday I had class and was exhausted from the night before. Came home had something to eat and said I was going to get some rest but never did. I have to study for my mid-term that is on Wednesday (which I should go and do that again soon). Its for my cultural studies class, nine chapters and lectures...it's 70 questions and two short essays. Went to home group last night and was up until about 1:00 this morning trying to study, and that's just about all I've been doing today, studying ~ Guess I should get back to that now.

No comments: