Sunday, May 01, 2005

A Good Day

Well yesterday, nothing really happened, just another tough day. But seeing as its the weekend I was able to talk to people because it didn't use up my minutes. So I talked to Meighan, my parents and grand parents, so that was really good!

Today was pretty good. I figured I would go to the mall and return a pair of pants I got from Old Navy that had a rip in them. So I wondered around the mall for a while, just window-shopping and people watching. I grab something cheap in the food court and this guy with two girls was in front of me checking out just about every female that walked by, and just kind of made me laugh a little. So I sat down and they ended up sitting near me and he still continued to check people out and finally one of the little girls said "Daddy...why do you keep staring at all these people like that?" He had no response. Just funny how it was so obvious what he was doing that his little daughter that couldn't of been more than 8 or 9 picked up on it!

So as I was on my way to the mall, the lady I live with, Debbie drove by and told me about a Reggae band that was playing at this cafe/club called The Underground, which is across from the mall. She gave me a ride to show me where it was exactly so after the mall, I went over to check it out. They were pretty good, not your typical "Reggae" type of guys, no dreads or anything like that, but it wasn't bad. I guess this weekend in Ventura there was a big Art Walk on main street (had no clue, guess thats what I get for hanging around the house), so they had some artist work on display at this place to. Some paintings and a photographer was there, so I talked with him for a bit and ends up, he went to Brooks! He had all good things to say about it, so that made me feel a bit better.

Yesterday I was checking out the Brooks website and came across this link: http://www.elsol.brooks.edu/. It really encouraged me to see work of students at Brooks, and eventually in my program I will have to do at least one, if not two of these trips/documentaries, I'm so excited.

My little sister called me today in tears because she misses me and I quote "I miss having a big sissy to come home to". I knew a call like this would be coming soon. She is so cute, and when shes really sleepy she starts to miss things even more and comes up with some really funny things some times, but for me it was China and white rice. My dad's birthday was on Tuesday and she has soccer practice that night so after that they went to eat at The Happy Garden, and she broke down in tears because she missed me and there was white rice and a Chinese resturant. You gotta love eight year olds. So I got to talk to her for about a half hour tonight, I felt so bad I couldn't be there to actually hug her, but I do what I can.

So finally only a couple more days until I can actualy start at Brooks.

You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.' You must do the thing you think you cannot do.

Eleanor Roosevelt

No comments: