Tuesday, May 03, 2005

One last day of rest

Ok, so today was my last day of rest and doing nothing because after tomorrow its full speed ahead with school. I'm so excited and have to say, not really nervous about it at all. I think my excitement has over powered any bit of nervousness or fear. We'll see how it goes after tomorrow. I can't believe its finally here...I finally get to start doing what I love to do, wow. I get to live and fulfill my dream.

When Sara and Jay helped me move down here we went to Calvary Chapel of Oxnard, and I really liked it but well with out having a car its hard to get to. So Sara, the good sister that she is, found an info card about a home group here in Ventura that meets on Monday nights and she said I should give them a call. So last week I did and I didn't hear back from them for a couple of days but everything worked out and I went last night. It was awesome, the people were so great and welcoming. I met tons of people (ok about 16 or so, but for me that's a ton seeing as for the past week I don't know anyone!). And some of them live closer to me so they said I can ride with them to church and stuff...I'm just so excited. I'm start to feel like I actually belong here, and I know its just going to get better. They were all pretty amazed that I just moved out here on my own with out knowing anyone and not really having any family around. They were all like, you are so brave for doing something like that. And all last week, I didn't feel brave at all, I felt like a scared little child just dying to get back on a plane and go home. What was I thinking coming all the way out here and knowing nothing of the area, the people, etc. All I wanted was to go home, where life was comfortable, not great or amazing but it was what I knew, it was home. But I know that if I did get on that plane and headed back east, I would regret that for the rest of my life. That I didn't have enough faith in myself or God to get me through this. I mean come on now, I went to China for three months not knowing anyone, not knowing the language or really what to expect once I was there, but the point is I did it,I survived, I was stretched outside of my normal everyday comfort zone and became stronger. So now here I am in California, living a dream that I didn't think was possible a few years ago, and this all started with a graduation present, faith in me from family and friends and the constant support and encouragement. All I can think is..."Wow, this is going to be hard but so amazing. I am going to grow even more out here than I ever thought possible." I get the chance to see amazing things and meet amazing people, what more could I be asking for?

So now here I go, living the life a poor college student, as someone last night pointed out to me "Wow, you're going to Brooks. It's expensive there, you'll be on the Brooks Diet soon." She was telling me her ex-husband went to brooks and well seeing as you are paying so much for the school you can't afford food! I already agree with her.

Well tomorrow is the start of this new journey...I'll be sure to update this tomorrow night when I get home.

(Orientation Schedule: Wednesday: 2:00-6:00. Thursday: 9:00-4:00. Friday: 10:00-3:00)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay, Jenny! It sounds like things are really starting to pick up for you, can't wait to hear how orientation went! I called you earlier after my, um, certain phone convo, it went well!, we'll talk more soon. Just wanted to say hello and to remind you that you are an awesome woman, you are already fulfilling your dream and I respect you so much for that! Just continue to be yourself, people will keep falling in love with you! :)

Love you! AND MISS YOU!!!!!!!!!!