Monday, April 25, 2005

The rundown

In China I was soo good at keeping one of these updated but this time, not so much, I'm sorry. Once my internet is actually fully functioning, I promise I will do better on keeping this updated more often.

Ok so here is the run down from the last time I posted, (think it was Monday the 18th):
My first friday, I forgot what we did...and still can't really remember, but I know Luke came over for dinner, we had Orange Chicken from Trader Joe's...it was awesome. And then on Saturday night I hung out with Ryan and Jenny, we went out to eat and then to see Fever Pitch, which was pretty good by the way.

Ok so Tuesday, I think is the day that I went to Dance class with Sara...it was pretty good time. So many interesting people out here its crazy. We went and did our laundry. Then tuesday night Sara and I went to the farmer's market and had dinner down there...the best Calimari ever. Then we had coffee, so good.

Wednesday, man I can't remember what we did on Wednesday, and it hasn't even been a week.

Thursday, went and had lunch with Alicia and Jonathan, he is so cute. We went for a walk along the coast near lovers point, and its just beautiful there. I had been there twice but both times were in November so this time eveything was in bloom, and it was blankets of purple! Just truly beautiful and amazing. Then Thursday night was College and Career at Jason K's place again. I made dinner for everyone, because I wanted to say thank you to all of them for being so wonderful and nice. Sara and Jay's group of friends are truly amazing peole and such a blessing to me. They are all so very encouraging, supportive and genuine. I made steak and salsa for dinner and everyone seemed to like it, so thats good I guess. Although I have yet to meet anyone who hasn't liked it. I got to talk and pray with Jenny, wich was really neat because I have heard so much about her but finally got to meet her this time, and its kind of weird and funny how much we are alike. I guess your name says quite a bit about you.

Friday, was the big move down to Ventura! I'm finally here. I'm renting a room from a lady named Debbie who is really nice. I have a room and share a bathroom with another girl who goes to Ventura College, and shes pretty nice. Sara and Jay moved me in and then Jay wen to a bachalor party in L.A. for his friend Andrew, so it was me and Sara for Friday and Saturday. The neighborhood reminds me of something from the wonder years show...its so nice and quiet and safe.

Saturday-Sunday, We ummm went exploring! I'm about three blocks from the mall...which is huge! about three blocks the other way to the grocery store, and some other things...not far from the bus stop. We figured out where on of the Brooks campuses was...well its in the middle of nowhere, but the bus goes there. And lets just say you don't want to walk there at night! Not to worry anyone, its just not the upscale section of town, but it will be fine. Jay came back early on Sunday morning, so we went shopping at wal-mart and the grocery store, and also went to church at Oxnard Calvary Chapel, wich is awesome! I really liked it there. Then we were on the hunt for a futon...there are about 10 stores around me that claim to seel futons, but they either didn't have any or were like $400.00. On Saturday, Sara and I found one for about $140.00 at Big Lots, but they were sold out on Sunday even though we asked if they had more in the back and they said they did...a lie, and they wouldn't sell us the display. So we called around to about 15 places and no one had anything...finally we found one!!!! its awesome, I love it, and its not the floor. But my room is now a room and its "me". I put my pictures up, set up my bed, got a rug, put my map of the world up and made it mine. Now I don't feel so out of place and lost. It was a pretty stressfull weekend, but all I know is nothing is easy if its what God wants me to do because if it was I wouldn't need him.

I got to talk with Becky last night which was awesome...I miss her so much. Thanks for calling me back!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMANDA!!! Sorry I'm not there to share this one with you but know I'm thinking about you. I miss you and love ya tons.

I'm having some issues with Webshots right now, so my pictures haven't been uploaded. I will let you know as soon as I get them posted for all of you to see, I'm sorry!
~Jenny

1 comment:

Sara said...

It's almost like I was there.