Thursday, April 28, 2005

Boring Day

Well not much is really going on around here. School doesn't start for another week, well orientation starts next week, so I've just been haning out catching up on some reading and what not. Trying not to do too much exploring because most things around here cost money and well I'm trying to save what little I have left so I've been going for walks alot.

On Tuesday my roommate, a friend of hers and I went to Santa Barbara for a little bit...they wanted to show me around, which was really nice of them. She likes to go dancing at the night clubs there on State Street...Salsa dancing to be exact. State Street reminds me of Boston a bit, with all the cool stores and coffee shops. Then we came back to Ventura and had lunch at a Thai resturant (not as good as Thai Cha Da!) and walked around a bit. I found a cool little hippieish/Brattleboro Vermont kind of store and made me feel at home. She invited me to go to a Cuban festival on Sunday with her and some friends...I'm sure I have nothing going on so I'll probably end up going...only problem, un lingual!

On the way to Santa Barbara we drove past La Conchita where the mudslides happend. It was weird and amazing to see first hand the effects of a mudslied...and I'm sure seeing it happen first hand is completely different. Along some of the highway you could see people still cleaning up from it, and the remains of some houses, and also how close other houses are/were to being destroyed. Some houses we drove past, I'm sure if you looked out their back windows all you would see is a huge mountain of mud, what a scary thought and place to live after all that. Don't worry everyone, I'm not that close to any mountains or hills.

I was feeling a bit homesick (yes I admit it) tonight so I figured I would watch a dvd, and what dvd could make me smile at a time like this? Good old, Never Been Kissed! Meig it's not the same watching it with out you but still funny as all get out. "Whats your name?" "Jjjosie" "JOSE?", "Josie Geller". "Yes you are a guy, quite a guy, oh my that rhymed. Yikes! Bikes!" "Are you in special ed?" "No, really are you?"

Well I guess that is is for now, I'm going to go and read some more and probably head to bed...exciting life huh?

No comments: