Wednesday, September 12, 2007

It's almost here...

Ok so this isn't the best picture, but yesterday I got my first pumpkin of the year! Fall/Autumn is my favorite time of year, no questions asked. To me the most beautiful time with all the leaves changing colors (mind you I don't see that out here but back East its amazing). The crunching leaves under your feet, the smell in the air. The joy of wearing sweaters with a scarf and gloves (something Adam always made fun of Meighan and I for). Good apple picking then going home to make some kick butt apple crisp. Pumpkin picking and carving. Sitting with apple cider in front of a fire. The colors, just everything. Ahhhh I just love it, and really really miss it, for the most part this is the time if year, if any that I get a little homesick.

Yesterday at the farmer's market I went to get some veggies and actually almost forgot to buy them because I was so excited to see pumpkins. I picked the most perfect, round little pumpkin I could see on the table! Also got a huge acorn squash, can't wait to cook that up with some butter, brown sugar and nutmeg! Yumm Yumm.

Happy Early Fall!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

YAY FOR FALL! It is by far the best time of the year in New England, there's just nothing like it! I don't know how much of it New Jersey gets, but I found some apple-picking places nearby, so I think we're going to take some kids and interns sometime! I wish you were here to go with us!