Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Not to much is happening right now. The stress from work is dying down slowly.
Its Valentine's Day today. Nothing wonderful happening tonight. Just going to buy the first season of Grey's Anatomy so I can finally see how it ends. Basically that's the highlight of my week. Ha ha such an exciting life let me tell ya.

This weekend was pretty good. Saturday night the guys (Mondo, Chris and Nathan) came over to set up a shelf that my roommate bought about a month ago and just hasn't had the time to set up. So in return I made them steak n salsa (mostly because I was craving it). They seemed to like it, and that's always a plus. Come to think of it, I have yet to meet anyone who doesn't like it. See something good can come out of every not so pleasant situation ;) I got some junk from Chris about my comments on military guys, I guess I really should practice thinking before I speak. Probably didn't help that the last time I made that comment I was around a group of navy guys. Woops. Lesson learned. Mondo got his new camera and brought it over. He ended up going with the Nikon D50. Its a pretty nice camera, but I love my D70. I can't wait to afford my other lens!

Sunday I went with Kelly to the AT&T pro-am at Pebble Beach. So I know nothing about golf, but had a great time and actually learned a few things. Saturday was the day for all the celebs, but there were still a few on Sunday, such as Michael Bolton, hahah. I couldn't think of a song of his to save my life. Kelly and I were trying to figure one out and these two guys behind us kept butting in to our conversation said they "celebrated his whole collection" but still couldn't really name a song for us. So weird. Then one of them said that him and Michael were "good buddies", then finally admitted he only met him once and he probably has no clue who he is now. Kelly if you ever read this all I have to say is...Red Hot Pants. The highlight of my day was seeing Emmitt Smith! He wasn't having a good golf day.

Last night I finally broke down and got my self so new kicks. Its only been about five years since I bought a pair. The last ones I bought were for when we went on our missions trip to Romania and we hiked the alps there...I think they were pretty much shot at that point. Lately I've been wearing them to and from work and getting nasty shin splints. So I finally did it and got some new ones. I went to foot locker last night and was looking around. Found a cool pair that I liked but they were 79.00 and then I found another pair that were 89.00 but had a tag on them that said "2 for 89.00". So I asked if the other pair I liked were part of that deal, and they just so happened to be. So to sum up this not so exciting story for everyone else I got two new pairs of kicks for the price of one! So stinkin awesome.

No comments: