Saturday, June 18, 2005

One Week

Ok, only one week left of my first session at Brooks. This past week was beyond stressful. Not much sleep, running around trying to get everything done in time (didn't really work well), and trying to find some sun light. We needed sun light for a project that was due on Thursday and the whole week was "June Gloom", but its funny yesterday and today...full of sun shine, not a cloud in the sky! We had to have our assignment in by 4:00 on Thursday so I was out in the morning and afternoon shooting and got back home, did all that I had to do, went to turn it in and my ftp server wasn't working. Its about 3:30 now and I was on the phone with the IT department at school and about 3:45 we just decided that I would e-mail my files to the guy and he would put them in for me. Ok great! Except my files got to her two minutes late. I guess better late then not at all right? Well lets hope so. These pictures were sooo bad. Just about everyone's weren't that great. A few people even posed their pictures, which by the way is a big NO around here. Photojournalist aren't allowed to do that, but it depends on who you work for and their policies, here at Brooks is a NO. Some people have lost their jobs over doing stuff like that, and lets just say, the people who did that on this project, all failed. This class is hard enough, and to get an "F" over something like that is going to kill their final grade significantly.

Well I have a mixed media project due on Monday along with a five page paper, then on Tuesday I have my final exam in my Basic Photojournalism course, Wednesday I have my final paper due (seven pages) and my final exam in my Cultural Studies class, Thursday I have my "Five Favorites" due in my photo class (five of my favorite pictures I have taken since the start of class), and then on Friday I have two 50 minute classes, one for my Cultural Studies and one for my Basic Photojournalism class...they are just review and evaluation classes. Then its BREAK! I can't wait.

I registered for my next session on Friday, I am taking Understanding Light on Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 7:00 am - 10:00 am. Which means I don't start class again until July 12th, so that gives me more time to go up and visit Sara and Jason after they get back from Maryland.

Guess I should go and get back to studying, papers and my art project.

No comments: