Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Not Good

Talk about a bad day! It all started when I set my alarm wrong last night so instead of waking up at 8:30 I woke up at 6:30. So figured I'm up, guess I should shower and get some reading done before I headed to campus to work on my photo assignment that is due by 4:00 today. Oh and my roommate moved out this morning, so I talked with her for a little bit and now who knows who is going to be living next to me, could be another chick could be some random guy...we'll see. So anyway, got to the lab around 11:30 to start my work and was a bit confused at first but a lady in my class came and ummmm "helped" me out, but really just confused me so much more. She was asking me tons of questions while I'm trying to figure this stuff out and I was nice and really patient, which most of you know isn't really me! I had to change some things a couple of times and had to type up my assessment of what I thought was the best picture, which one's RGB's were closest to 128, yadda yadda yadda. So I go to send it to my professor through Fetch, and well the server went down! Oh yes its now 2:00 and I have an hour and a half to get this to her and they don't know when it will be up and running. Can we say stressed out? Finally comes back up around 3:15 and I get it done (thank God it actually worked). So I figured, I could either hang out at campus until class at 6:15 or get out of this place and try and relax...I went for the relax part. So I went and waited for the bus, and oh my goodness I thought my day couldn't get any worse, but it did. I was waiting for about 10 minutes or so and then I see the bus coming so I get my back and go to pick up my camera bag and I'm not kidding, slow motion, out falls my wonderful, brand spankin new Nikon D70 to the ground! My eyes are filling with tears, and the bus driver is waiting for me, all I wanted to do was break down and cry and wish this day to be over.

So I get off the bus and call my dad, and thoughts are running through my head like, what if this doesn't work? What the heck am I going to do? How can I afford to buy a camera, I can barely afford food?! It took just about everything inside of me not to cry when talking to my dad. All I wanted to do was cry, scream, and go to bed, but couldn't because I had class in a couple of hours. So I went home, checked my camera out, only the filter is dented! Thank God for filters. I got some more reading and studying done and headed back out to class. Oh have you noticed the lack of eating in today's schedule? I had a half of a bagel with peanut butter this morning and a granola bar for lunch and that is it so far...it is now 9:27 at night here, I should probably eat something soon.

Class was good, she got my files just fine and actually let us out early tonight. We have another assignment due on Thursday. Its 12 head shots and another assessment. So it shouldn't be to bad. Then I have cultural studies tomorrow, I have some more reading to do for that class. Then on Friday a group of us are going to the Getty Museum for our class assignment which is a four page paper on a piece of art that is due on Monday. I got a 95 on my first paper for that class, thanks Sue for all your help!

Guess I should get going and start reading and hopefully eat something. I'm craving Chinese food, and haven't found a good place yet, only thing I can really find it mall type Chinese food! =0(

No comments: