Monday, March 21, 2005

Broken

When I got accepted to school I decided to move in with my dad and step mom to save some money. So during this last move I figured why bother to keep everything I own, like my dishes, pans, glasses (you know all the apartment stuff) its just going to sit at my dads in boxes for at least the next three years. So I thought why not give it away...and well Nate was the lucky person to receive basically a whole kitchen worth of stuff. I did however keep a few things, like my Henkel knives, and my collection of rice bowls. Some of the bowls are very important to me and some were really cheap from the Christmas Tree shop. I thought I would ship them to California so I would at least have something to eat on when I get there. So I pack them up in lots of bubble wrap and ship them off. Not such a great idea. Sara got the packages today and well some of my bowls, only one that I really cared about and two of my rice bowls/tea cups from China were broken along with some other ones that didn't matter as much. The three that I really cared about can't be replaced. One Sara and Jay got me for Christmas one year that had chopstick rests built in and its just awesome, and the tea cups are from China...need I say more. Guess that means I have to go back someday to get some more. But what really stinks is that I have odd numbers of bowls now. I no longer have a set of four but now three, and instead of ten small ones I have seven!!! I like even numbers. But at least my bowls from my dad didn't get broken.

I had to call and put in a damage claim with Staples/UPS. They might have to go to my sisters place and inspect the boxes and damaged items, so I had to call Sara back and make sure she saves the boxes and all the pieces for about a week. I'm a bit sad and upset right now. Sara had a great idea to do with all the broken bowls...make a mosaic out of them!

Ooooh I can't wait for Friday. I'm going to get my massage, so excited. Then on Saturday, its off to China Town and Boston for one last "Girls Day". I'm craving soy milk and hot pot! (but not together). Would really love some Peking Duck too but I won't be to greedy. And maybe some shopping, who knows.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jenny!

The 26th Girls Day is right around the corner! I can't wait, we are planning some really fun things to do!! :) I am so sorry about your rice bowls, that totally stinks. I think Sara has a fantastic idea about making a mosaic! Maybe you should keep shipping other priceless items to her in the hopes that they will break, then when you get there you can make a whole kitchen tabletop of peices that used to mean a lot to you! :) haha

Where are you going for your massage, you lucky dog? Enjoy! And come relaxed and ready to EAT and have fun on Saturday!

Love,
your crazy spazzy friend in Milton