Tuesday, December 04, 2007

The Big 26


So today at 9:41 am (est) I turned the big 26...nothing really big or amazing about turning 26, but hey.

Above are two pics of my birthday celebration from this past Saturday. I'm not much in to frilly things (as you all know) and obviously not very typical...so this year I got Stars and Skulls (can't really go wrong!!) My roomie printed a bunch of skulls out and put them all over our apartment with some pretty sweet blue and black stars. My cupcakes rocked...gray funfetti frosting with skulls stuck in them with start candles!

Heather, Victoria, Lisa, Luke, Jenell, Alicia, Eli, Devin, Dustin, Scott and I went out to eat then Topher met us back at my place for some cupcakes. It was a great birthday I must say.

However about a week before today it started to hit me really hard that my grandfather isn't around. This is the first of many years that I will no longer hear the story of when he came to visit me when I was born. I guess at the time he was living in NH and the day I was born there was a blizzard going on he always told me how he drove down to see me in the hospital that day and no matter how much snow there was it wouldn't of stopped him from coming to see me. So even as I write this I have tears in my eyes, it sucks. He is my first grandparent I have lost and its been almost a year which is hard to believe. There is so much that he will miss, its hard. I miss you gramp.

2 comments:

Sara said...

i miss him too - love you!

Rebecca said...

You so freaky, girl! I love it! haha I miss you on our birthdays!