Friday, November 23, 2007

Thanksgiving, Relaxing

(I heart these two! ~ Lisa, me and Victoria on Thanksgiving)

A Happy belated Thanksgiving to everyone.

We all have a lot to be thankful for, I could go on for quite a while but for now I'll limit it:
Family, Friends, A job, Trials, People who challenge me to grow and step outside my little world, Love, Honesty (even when it hurts) and so much more.

This year I got to spend Thanksgiving with some awesome friends. I have spent Thanksgiving with friends for the past two years and so far each year has been different friends...its been good. I remember growing up and everyone going to my grandmothers house (as we did for many holidays). As we all got older we did it mostly with our families at home or with boyfriends families. Its very weird not having any family around to celebrate holidays with. But this year it was like being with my family. Lisa's mom came up can cooked this amazing huge meal for all of us. It was at Luke and Lisa's, her mom and Bart came up along with her sister and brother, of course Victoria was there and then Jason, Anneke and the kids all came so it was awesome. Lisa had the great idea of it being "Pretty Dress Day". Shes so fun. So all us girls got dressed up, which by the way brilliant idea when stuffing your face with turkey and good food...nice loose dress!! ahhh no having to unbutton any pants :) Way to go Lisa!

Its so nice to have a few days off and relax for a bit. I've needed some down time for a long time now. I got to sleep in the past two days and its been amazing! All my photos are done, nothing major coming up before I leave (photo wise that is, work is whole other story). Today was mostly relaxing, Victoria and I got up and went and had coffee and breakfast at the beach, then for some crazy reason decided to go to the mall to grab something. Ahhhhh way to many people, thats all I'll say. Then off to the butterfly farm! Lots of them, just not any pictures of them, ha.

Tomorrow some more sleeping in is on the to-do-list. Then some hiking at Point Lobos with Victoria and Topher (and aslan of course). Hopefully get some good shots from there, we'll see.

Only 26 (almost 25) more days!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I'm so glad you had a good Thanksgiving even with being away from family! I missed you! Especially at Shabu-Zen..it just wasn't the same without you!