Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Broken Toe, Sick, Breathing Machine, Sliced Finger...

Sooo in the past month I have broken a toe, came down with bronchitis, possibly asthma, been on a breathing machine, tons of meds, and sliced some fingers (pretty deep too).

I was home sick one day, and being the stubborn person that I am I decided not to rest, instead do stuff around the house. I picked up the vacuum and it slipped right out of my hand and landed on my toes. I broke my second toe! Yup, hurt like junk and was nice and nasty looking. I'll spare all of you and not post a picture of it.

I was home sick because back in September I got sick, with what I thought was just a cold. A week later it still wasn't going away so I went to the docs. She said I had bronchitis and put me on and inhaler, two antibiotics, and cough medicine with codeine. A week later it still wasn't going away so I went back (mind you during all of this I was still trying to go to work...that didn't go over well), she said its still bronchitis, possibly some allergy and also a good possibility of asthma. So she put me on some steroids along with a shot of them, still on the inhaler and also a breathing machine four times a day (I am now down to two times a day!!). I have been sick for a total of 4 and 1/2 weeks.

Last Sunday night I was cutting fruit and veggies for a cook out and earlier that day sharpened my knives...apparently a little to much because as I'm telling other people that the knives are really sharp I sliced my fingers twice. One of them was pretty deep! All I could do was laugh at my self.

___________________________________________________________

Gramp, Me and Sara
On Friday my Gramp had a heart attack while at the doctors office getting his pace maker checked out. He had surgery yesterday that lasted about 13 hours or so, and is heavily medicated so that his can rest. I don't have all the details, but its hard being so far away from my family during all of this. All I can do is cry and pray that he makes it through all of this.

I have been extremely fortunate with having all of my grand parents alive and well. This is all so new and hard.

No comments: