Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Lilies

Happy Birthday Dad!!! ~love you!



Link
(to view more photos visit: My Flickr Site)

Well only a few more days and I finally get to meet my nephew Jed! Words can't really express my excitement right now. I'm still getting used to the fact that my sister is a mom! It's hard not being closer during all of this, and realizing that he is going to grow up so far away. I think back to when we were little and all of our aunts and uncles lived relatively close by so we grew up with all of them. It was awesome. Just makes me sad to think I'll be missing most of his life except for maybe Christmas, hopefully some birthdays and a few vacations in between. Guess this is reality.

This trip should be nice and relaxing...just hanging out with Sara, Jay and Jed. I also get to see my Dad, step-mom, little sister and my mom all during the same week! Its like Christmas all over again. I'm looking forward to this vacation...I think I'm due.

With my visit coming up makes me think of how I wish I had someone to travel with. I usually think this around the time I'm about to get on a plane. Its not really fun to travel alone even if it is just across the country. How much better and more exciting would it be to have someone there to talk to? Someone that you actually know? I long for that. I also long for someday getting off that plane and having that guy there to pick me up...flowers or no flowers it would be nice. Someday I guess I'll have both.

Today is Dad's birthday...I'm pretty sure this is only the second one I have missed in my 24 years being on this earth. Its kind of weird. I sent him a print for his birthday...a white daisy with the black background. Sue bought him tickets to go see Roger Waters this September!! So excited for him and slightly jealous at the same time. He's going to be doing Dark Side of the Moon...in its entirety! Talk about an amazing show.

Planning on going to see Shawn McDonald, Paul Wright, Olivia the Band and someone else play next month! Going to be a great show.

This past weekend went to Big Sur with Heather, Chris, Marcus and Dex. I had such a great time. Marcus and Dex are hysterical! I took some photos but haven't put them up yet...I'll work on that soon.

Not too much else going on I guess. Was a bit bored tonight so I took pictures of some Lilies.

Off to bed

No comments: