Thursday, July 28, 2005

Venice, L.A. Santa Monica, Santa Barbara...

Well I'm back up in Monterey for Ryan and Jenny's wedding this weekend. I came up a few days early to hang out with Sara and Jay and just kick back and relax.

Lets see, what's been happening since I last updated? I've had a few assignments due for class, so I went down to Vince Beach, Santa Monica Pier and L.A. to do some shooting. Had an awesome time down there. I remember going when I was little but didn't remember anything about it, but it looks just like all the pictures you see. Crazy people doing crazy things and tons of little shops all along the "board walk". The drive down there is beautiful on the 1. It goes right along the coast and all you see is people pulled over, laying on the beaches and surfing. We ended up pulling over for about an hour or two and I laid out and got a tan. The sun was right above us so it wasn't great for taking pictures and we needed to kill some time. What a better way to do it?

After going to those three places I still needed some shots and a bunch of us were heading up to Santa Barbara on Sunday to have a cook out on the beach again so some of us decided to go up earlier and take some shots. Julia and I ended up at the Zoo and where we go there people were driving up in limos and there was a huge event going on in the center of the zoo. You had to have an orange band to get in and instead of asking how to get one, we just walked around it for about an hour wondering...finally we asked and ran to get one. It was a benefit for the Dream Foundation (www.dreamfoundation.org) (all we noticed were the free Jamba Juices). So after we get our tickets and they give us the list of events for the rest of the day we read it over and see that Brad Garrett, Cris Judd, Bruce Jenner, Harry Shearer and Elizabeth Pena are going to be there!! We got to see Cris Judd give hip-hop lessons to little kids, and take pictures of everyone. It was such an awesome time and a great cause.

So now I'm here in Monterey, just hanging out, relaxing, and clearing my mind...

©Jenny S. Manseau 2005

©Jenny S. Manseau 2005

©Jenny S. Manseau 2005


©Jenny S. Manseau 2005

No comments: