Monday, May 09, 2005

First Day of Class

Well I finally started school!!! Friday during the last day of orientation we got to register for our classes and you have one GenEd and one Core course every eight weeks, so I registered for Cultural Studies 1 and Basic Photojournalism. Lucky me, seven of my classes transferred in so I only have 10 GenEd's left! So when we registered they gave us the syllabus for the courses, and I immediately got nervous, I have to write papers...and lots of them. So over the weekend I'm all stressed out on having to write papers and I haven't even sat in the first class yet. So I went this morning and I'm not as stressed out or nervous, I have five papers to write for my Cultural Studies class...so I'm just going to take them one at a time. The class was pretty good, the professor, Ron is a cool guy. We have three "field trips" for the class, The Getty Museum and LACMA and we have to go to a live performance, which could be anything we would like, hmmmm. I have my first photo class tomorrow night, I can't wait.

Recap of the weekend: Friday night I went to the College group with Mandy and met a ton more people. Then we talked for a while and met up with some more friends of hers at In-N-Out Burger, but by the time we got there it was about midnight and everyone was leaving, so her friend Ben, her and I went to the beach to swing on the swings and then ended up back at her place and just stayed up and talked til 5 in the morning! Then my phone rang really early (7:30) on Saturday morning but seeing as it was only two hours after I went to bed, I didn't pick up, and ended up getting out of bed around 9:00 to do laundry and just hung out and did nothing for the rest of the day. Went to church on Sunday and came home and watched a DVD and read, seeing as everyone else was with their moms. I got the chance to talk to my mom, step mom, my grandmother and Mrs. Sparks, and it was so nice to talk to all of them.

Guess that's it for now, gotta go and get ready for the home group tonight. I'll let you know how tomorrow nights class goes...

No comments: